What To Expect From Legal Due Diligence
September 22, 2020
MCM Capital Partners
We interviewed Brent Pietrafese, M&A attorney from Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP for an overview of M&A due diligence and what business owners should expect from this part of the transaction process.
- What legal specialty groups are involved in due diligence?
- What type of information is requested from a buyside legal team during due diligence?
- What if a business owner doesn't know the answer to a legal M&A due diligence question?
- Why is it important for a business owner to hire an attorney who's experienced in the M&A transaction process?
- How long does legal due diligence take and who from the company needs to be involved in the process?
- The importance of hiring a team of professional advisers outside of the organization to help with the sales process and due diligence
- Best practices for business owners preparing for a legal due diligence process and most common issues that arise during due diligence
- What are the most common factors that hold up a transaction during due diligence?
- Advice for business owners entering an M&A transaction beyond preparation and organization of documents